March 28, 2014 | By Donna Evans
As a travel advisor, I specialize in designing fantastic trips for my clients around the world. One destination close to my heart is Australia! I have been designated by Tourism Australia as a premier Aussie Specialist since 2006, and I continue to explore and experience this continent. Sometimes my clients ask me why they should visit Australia vs. some other location. In response, I have compiled a list of my top ten reasons to travel to Australia.
10. THE OUTBACK, sheep stations, cattle stations, vast landscapes
9. THE CULTURE, including the didgeridoo
8. THE MARSUPIAL WILDLIFE, kangaroos, koalas, wallabies, and more
7. KANGAROO ISLAND, the nature preserve that showcases seals, sea lions, echidnas and more
6. THE AUSTRALIA ZOO, made famous by Steve Irwin
5. THE SYDNEY HARBOR BRIDGE, because there’s nothing like climbing this bridge
4. THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE, with its iconic sails that are known throughout the world
3. ULURU, also known as Ayers Rock, has significant cultural significance
2. DAINTREE RAINFOREST, the world’s oldest surviving rainforest
1. GREAT BARRIER REEF, the mecca for divers and snorkelers throughout the world
Contact me for more details and how to cross some of these amazing locales off your bucket list.